Simple Changes

>> 9.25.2015

Decorating for seasons doesn't have to be elaborate or expensive. It doesn't have to be literal either. So for fall this year, instead of going literal with colorful leaves and pumpkins, I tried to incorporate earthy textures and colors by using baskets, wood, fabric, and interesting greenery and floral stems. I also tried to think outside the box a little and use things I already have, to help save money. Because who wants to spend a lot of money on decorations that you are only going to have displayed for a month or so?


I wanted to change up the highboard a little and I gave hints of fall with a basket of earthy greenery ($5 at Hobby Lobby), a white pumpkin, and more neutral accessories, all of which I pulled from different parts of the house. I also took some leftover fabric from the plaid pillows and covered a cheap dollar store candle holder with it to create a pencil holder.

These simple changes I made don't scream fall, but they FEEL fall, and that makes me happy.

What plans do you have for your fall decor this year? I'd love to hear!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP