Fall Tablescape

>> 9.28.2015

I've been working on a blog post about fall dining table decor, and I have to tell you, I am NOT good at creating a beautiful table. First of all, we don't have a formal dining room. We are a casual family and although we have dinner together every night, with three little kids, our idea of "fancy" is corian plates, color-your-own placemats, and namecards that my daughter makes. 


Secondly, when we have people over, we HAVE PEOPLE OVER. Never do we all fit at the table, and so it's always a buffet style, "find a seat somewhere or eat outside" affair, and we love it that way. 

So I set out to create a tablescape for fall that was affordable and reflected our simple and casual style. 


This neutral table runner, which I already had, is perfect for decorating for many seasons. I found this one at Homegoods, as well as the plaid napkins. The one thing on the table that I spent real money on was the wood bowl from Target for $20. Let me tell you, I searched a lot of places to find something similar to it that was cheaper, and I came up with nothing, so I forked over the $$ because I loved it that much. I filled it with real mini pumpkins and gourds, and I also added a pitcher with some greenery for a bit of texture and height. 


How do you decorate your table for fall?  

1 comments:

Brenda 9/29/15, 9:57 AM  

Love the simplicity & beauty of this tablescape! Perfect.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP