Twelve Days of DIY Christmas - Day 7 Glitter Ornaments

>> 12.05.2014

I am a traditionalist when it comes to Christmas, and I love decorating with red and green. But this year I wanted to branch out (ha! branch! get it?) and incorporate teal, copper, and gold on my Christmas tree.  Of course I could have gone out and bought ornaments, but that's no fun. Instead I decided to try to make my own.

Have you seen the ornaments floating around on Pinterest that use floor wax? Well if not, prepare for it to BLOW. YOUR. MIND. Well not really, I've just always wanted to write that. But it is a pretty cool technique.

So because its late and I have laundry to do, I'm going to take the easy way out and send you HERE to find out how it's done.

It's insanely easy, and I am slightly addicted to making them. They are so much more sparkly than store bought, and the colors you can create are limitless. Oh and I hear they hold up pretty well in storage in the summer heat, which is important to us Texans.

 Here they are on my tree.







1 comments:

emily 12/5/14, 11:52 AM  

That actually looks like a glitter project I could handle! I'm going to have to try it.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP