The Caillou Vase

>> 7.01.2014

I got this vase for fifty cents at Salvation Army the other day.


It has a gross 1980's peach paint job, which immediately made me think of Caillou's head, a nightmare in so many ways.


But despite that fatal flaw, I liked the shape, size and price, so I bought it.



When I got it home I checked out the paint job, which, like thirty year old wallpaper, easily peeled away once I got it started. I peeled and scrubbed away all the nasty peach paint and realized I kinda liked what was under neath. Bye bye creepy, whiny headed vase!


My sister is redecorating her office, including a huge wall of beautiful built ins, and coral is one of her colors, so I decided to do a dipped look with some coral paint. I used Martha Stewarts Multi-Surface Pearl paint in Rubber Ball.



First I taped it off.



Then I applied one coat of paint, let it dry and did two more coats.


The finished product is definitely better than the original! And not bad for fifty cents!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP