Mini Makeover Monday

>> 2.02.2015


When my husband asked me to incorporate one of his favorite scriptures into the design of his new office I knew just what I wanted to do. I had recently found this awesome distressed 20x25" frame at a thrift store for $1 and decided it would be perfect for the project I had in mind.


Since the scripture was short, I wanted to make something subway art-ish and get it printed into vinyl lettering. I'm no graphic designer like my sister, and I give mad props to those people that do stuff like this every day! It's tedious and hard in my opinion!

I created my design in Photoshop and sent it over to my friend, Alisha with Reflections in Vinyl and she printed it for me that afternoon. Love having nice, talented, local friends!

I got a piece of hardback panel board cut to size and put the vinyl on. That stuff is magic I tell you. Then I secured it inside the frame and it was finished!




The lettering cost $20, the panel board we already had lying around from another project, and the frame was $1, so in all this project cost me $21! For a large-scale piece like this, that is a really good deal.

If you want to do a large piece like this, find the frame first, because many of them are odd sizes, and then decide how you want the lettering to fit. Then give Alisha a call and she can work up a custom piece for you and even ship if you aren't local. You can also get lots of great ideas from Etsy, where the options are endless.

When choosing a material to mount the vinyl, pick something with a smooth finish like wood, mdf or panel board. And if you want it to last, choose something that will not warp or discolor over time. Foam board and mounting board are less than ideal options.

So there you go! A quick, affordable way to create large-scale custom art in your home.


Now...what am I going to do with this painting?


2 comments:

Anonymous,  2/27/15, 4:56 AM  

Amazing!!!!!! I really love it ,,keep on posting you will get such collection from thesis writing service from online.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP