Kitchen Window Succulents

>> 8.20.2014

I have been trying to incorporate more plants into our home and it all started with my succulent bowl. I haven't killed them yet, so I thought I would add a few more to the kitchen by putting them in white bowls in the kitchen window. I have been trying to collect milk glass for a while, but finding the right size and shape hasn't been as easy as I had hoped. So I decided to go ahead with what I have, and then I can transfer if I find other authentic milk glass.

My kids helped me pick out the succulents, and my daughter and two of my nieces helped me plant them after a singing performance, hence the matching shirts. Oh, and please excuse the awful iPhone pics.




We started by placing small river rocks in the bottom of each bowl. Succulents do not do well when the roots are sitting in water, so the rocks act as drainage.


Next add potting soil and water and you're done. Potting is easy and takes no time at all. The hardest part is keeping them alive!



Succulents require little water, and I only water once a month, which seems to work well for the succulents in my large succulent bowl. These however will be sitting in a window that gets harsh direct sun for a large portion of the day, so I will probably need to water them more frequently.




2 comments:

stacey 8/20/14, 7:13 PM  

You should put an aloe plant in one of those containers.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP