Thrifting Thursday - Chair Love

>> 1.30.2014

Like many of you, I have an obsession with thrifting. The thrill of the hunt, the amazing deals, finding a diamond in the rough...there's nothing like it! Every Thursday I hope to share with you a treasure that I (or maybe even one of you) have found while thrifting, dumpster diving, garage saling, or roadkill rescuing.


My first Thrifting Thursday isn't even something I found, but I had to share it before all the rest. It is an amazing mid-century modern chair that my sister Missy found for me on an online garage sale for ten dollars. TEN DOLLARS!!! Go Missy! I think it goes down in history as one of the greatest finds EVER. I just feel so bad for the person that sold it because they really didn't know what they were giving up.



I love this chair so much. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night to make sure that it's still there and not just a dream. Okay, not quite. But I really do love it and I have big plans for it. 

My plan is to sand the arms and other worn areas and re-stain them, or even strip it down completely  and re-stain in Minwax Walnut or Early American to match the current stain. Then for the cushions I want to go neutral with a white or linen color like this:

The chair is actually in amazing shape, and the current upholstery is a little outdated but clean, so I am going to hold out on recovering it for a while until I can pay to get it professionally upholstered. Once it's done, it could be re-sold for a least $300. But don't believe that that's ever going to happen! You'll have to pry it from my cold dead fingers. 

So what do you think? Have you ever scored an amazing piece like this?  Can I see?

1 comments:

Brenda 1/30/14, 2:41 PM  

Very cool! Reminds me of the Danish modern furniture my parents had when I was a little one - that would have been in the early 60's! All their decor is popular once more! I love your finds! You truly are amazing!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP