Hi, and first blog post

>> 10.09.2013

So I feel a little silly starting this blog, but I would like to start pinning my own stuff to Pinterest and need a place to house my pictures. So here I am, joining the ranks for thousands of stay at home moms documenting their creative adventures through a design/DIY blog. Why did I choose the name Mid-Mod Inspirations? It wasn't my first choice, but the domain names left out there are limited. So until I come up with something brilliant, that's the name I'll stick with for now. 

I rescued this frame from a neighbor's bulk trash pile. It's a pretty old, and very heavy frame, and some of the plaster had been chipped off. But I thought I'd try to give it a new life with a new color. 





After two coats of Emerald Lake by Behr and two coats of poly, I started on the silhouette. I cut out a silhouette of the Salt Lake City Temple and mod podged it to a styrofoam board, which didn't turn out so great because the mod podge caused the temple to bubble up and the board to warp. So after those lessons learned, I might re-do it. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP