Diamond in the rough

>> 10.30.2013

When Linda had her little boy, she bought this dresser second-hand and painted it white with red hearts to use in her son's nursery 30 years ago. Then when he grew out of the hearts, she threw a few coats of black spray paint on the top. He used it up until he left for the marines, and it has been sitting in her home ever since. I met Linda via Craigslist and bought the dresser from her for $20. We did a porch pick up, so I have never met her face to face, but we have developed a relationship by texting back and forth. We've talked religion, family, her son, and the history of this piece, and I feel blessed that I have been able to get to know her.

Restoring a piece of furniture is a lot of work, and I usually get burned out halfway through the paint stripping process. But this time I was so excited to bring it back to its original natural beauty and show Linda. I knew it was going to be nice once it was completed, but I had no idea it would be THIS beautiful. I am giddy with the results, and so glad that I made a friend in the process.


1 comments:

Jane 3/14/15, 11:30 PM  

A great job! Been there, done that, and I know how much work you put into this.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP